Asbestos Removal; Do your old Asbestos Roof Sheets Look Like This? Do you need Asbestos Removal?
Asbestos Removal Remember these important guidelines:
- Asbestos roof sheets are now aging and brittle. They now need replacing.
- They are brittle, dangerous to walk and are considered hazardous when removed or cleaned.
- It is a legal requirement that asbestos removal be carried out by a registered contractor.
- It is the building owners responsible for the safe and legal removal and disposal of material, with heavy fines for non compliance.
- It is critical that you ensure you employ a professional company when removing asbestos
When you remove Asbestos roof sheets and tiles they are hazardous waste. You are not permitted by law to brush or clean asbestos roofing products. Even cleaning with a high pressure water is illegal.
Asbestos must be removed and disposed of in line with strict guidelines. These guidelines are set out by the department of Labour. Failure to adhere to these guidelines the property owner can be liable for huge fines.
We have enclosed a link to the department of Labour website. Remember the building owner is responsible for the safe, legal removing and disposing of your asbestos products. To read more about the safe removal of asbestos click here
If you have Big Six asbestos profile roof sheets, Canadian Profile asbestos roof sheets or even asbestos roof tiles it is deemed hazardous once you remove it.
Roofing products that contain asbestos are no longer manufactured in South Africa. We advise that due to age of these products the best option is to replace them.
Let All Seasons Roofing and Waterproofing safely and legally remove your current asbestos roofing and replace them with a new modern material.
Remember it is the building owners responsibility to ensure that all asbestos is removed and disposed of correctly.